Monday, March 11, 2013

Going to pieces.

Most people reading this blog will cringe at the pictures in this post.  Yes, the praying man has gone to pieces, but the foundry will put him together again.
These sections went from clay, to mold, to wax and now
metal, they now need to be put together. 

Remember after each piece is poured,
the shell needs to be broken off.  This is
happening as well. So pieces are poured,
shell is broken off, grinding and welding are
done until the poor praying man is
back together again. 
Again, I'm tickled when I go to the foundry,
 but how else are you going to grind and weld the underside? 
I know you will come back.  

I stop into the foundry regularly. I am often tickled at how I
find the sculpture, today he is a welder. 



O.K. We are getting there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment