Friday, November 30, 2012

The meeting

It is a whirlwind of a day.  The idea of this entire piece started from a sculpture that was seen elsewhere. Dallas Baptist University wanted to have a man praying to represent Dr. Gary Cook's investment into praying for the campus and the students. They wanted a sculpture that would demonstrate the passion and importance of interceding and seeking God for direction.

The original poses started our creative process.  
I came with a few ideas. The sculpture could not look like any others. It had to be an original design.  I had hoped that my investment into the processes would help us to get our creative juices going and finalize a design quickly while visiting DBU.  One thing was for sure, with such a short time to create this piece we had to move fast in every aspect of this job, including the design process.

The proposed sculpture had a traditional chair. Using a chair that I could find at a store and then make a mold of to cast in bronze would help me to make this almost impossible deadline of the first week in April.  That entire concept of using a store bought chair would change. As you read on you will see what I mean.


FOR ART STUDENTS
If you are interested in learning how I create my sketches for presentation I have several blog articles about this elsewhere.  They are created digitally using several different computer programs.  Here are some links

Presentation for a Park 
The completion of a project 

No comments:

Post a Comment