Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welcome


The artist talking with her
clay creation Richard Hathaway
made into bronze and sitting
at the Vermont College Campus. 
Welcome to the project blog for the Dallas Baptist University sculpture of the praying man.  As a writer and a perpetual documenter, I love to create these project blogs for clients.  I do this for several reasons:

  • It is a way for my clients and their friends to watch the progress of a sculpture, to see the entire process and marvel. It is as if the client and their friends are in my studio watching over my shoulder.
  • Someone recently asked me to describe myself.  I said, "I'm passionate, creative and highly motivated. I have a strong spiritual side, and my driving force, which is almost an obsession is not just to get to my goal and destination, but to see how many people I can help along the way."  This means if I learn a life lesson, or I find tools that will help me with my craft I must share them. In light of that, if you are an artist, you will find lots of information here, and even tutorials that will further help your exploration into your own creative processes.
  • I am both a writer and a sculptor and the two parts of me fight for my attention. This is a way for me to entertain them both and make them friends.
  • I find my memory is not that great, so on a humorous note, I'm often Goggling myself and what I know to remember what it is I shared.  This way I can find that special vendor, or step by step process that otherwise would get lost in the recesses of my brain.

I hope you enjoy the project blog. I look forward to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment