Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Getting Started- A Floor

With a rolling base and a great looking floor, we are well on
our way to the beginning of this project. 
When you have many interns on a project, there are multiple things happening at the same time.  After roaming and searching for just the right texture for the floor of this sculpted scene, I have found wood that will work.  I prefer to have a wooden base rather than a sculpted base as the floor gets much use from moving things on and off. One of my interns comes in and makes a rolling base for the sculpture and the floor.  James, another intern spray paints the base a brown color. I like to have everything the same color as the clay that I am using. It helps me to see the projects as a uniform piece and offers less visual distraction. I also think it helps the client to see the sculpture.  James also fills in the cracks.

We keep the tree in the studio for a while. There has to be
some aspect of Christmas celebration during this
holiday deadline.  It comes down later when I realize
the interns are getting dangerously close to the drying tree
with the torches!  

No comments:

Post a Comment